Tuesday, August 26, 2008

PRINCESS AND THE TEA

Frannie and I love going to tea houses. This is our fourth tea room this year. We recently visited Teaberry's. A lovely tea room in a beautiful victorian house.

Frannie brought her favorite "Just Like You" American Girl doll, Lauren, along with her. Teaberry's has high chairs and tea sets just the right size for your favorite doll.

Frannie ordered the "Princess Tea". It is perfect for young ladies under the age of 10. It came with her very favorite cucumber sandwiches, a scone with whipped cream and strawberry preserves, yummy bite-sized desserts, and her very own pot of lemonade.

I ordered the Duchess' Delight which was equally delicious. I was served a pot of tea, lima bean and corn chowder (yummy!), an assortment of tea sandwiches, a scrumptuous lemon scone with lemon curd and clotted cream (the best lemon scone I have ever tasted), and a lovely assortment of petite pastries.

So far, we have also visited the T-Party Tea Room in Darien, CT (which is no longer), The Drawing Room in Cos Cob, CT, and The Enchanted Teapot in Norwalk, CT. If you're in the Norwalk area, stop in at The Enchanted Teapot. It is an ecclectic tea room owned by two sisters. They serve a lovely tea at very reasonable prices. Worth the trip. I've been there four times in the last several months.

The Enchanted Teapot

If you know of any nice tea rooms, please share them with me. I'm always searching for another one to visit.

S.W.A.K.


2 comments:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

She is adorable!!!! OMG I need a cute little girl like that to have tea with. OMG you are so lucky to have such a sweet looking girl.
I need your address again. Ding dong that I am I cant find it to mail your cupcake goodness to you.

Thimbleanna said...

What a fun day! Frannie is just cute as can be!!!