Tuesday, April 10, 2012

SIXTEEN TONS

Today is my birthday. Yesterday would have been my father's. We used to have cake together. When I thought of him today, this song, by Tennessee Ernie Ford came to mind. Now, Roger could carry a tune and this is the song I remember him singing most. I don't know if he sang this particular song because it has a catchy tune or if because that's how he felt - probably both. If you have a moment, listen.

Today, I am taking knitting time for myself, but please don't tell anyone. If they find out, there will be raised eyebrows. You see, there are quite a number of other things I should be doing instead. But this knitting time is much needed and well deserved. I have finally started a scarf I posted about many moons ago (you can see it here) and so far it is "easy peasy". We'll see what happens after I finish the 24 points required for the border. I will say that the yarn is luxurious! I have to find out if it is available in pink. You know who loves pink. And sparkles.

Oh Yeah! (Inside Joke)

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Yipee! You're started on the scarf. It's going to be beautiful -- just look at those lacey points!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Happy Birthday to you and your Dad. I'm sure he's enjoying his heavenly cake too. :) And do for YOU today. I can't wait to see more of your scarf. It will be beautiful. I'm sure of it!

Jenny said...

Happy belated birthday. Hopeyou had a good day. I never heard gramp sing that song but I'm sure it was great, I can picture it.