Saturday, December 29, 2012

BEAD-KNITTED BAUBLES AND A TREE


 
Knitted on 5" DP US Size 4 needles with Gatsby Lux by Katia.  It is a metallic knitting thread that comes in a nice selection of colors.

Ever since I spied this tree on Pinterest (view source here), I have been wanting to make one.  Here is my version. The base is an old Starbucks store decoration that I stripped down to bare styrofoam and covered in vintage French music paper.  I have two more of these trees in my attic waiting to be refurbished.  I want to do one in all different sizes of pastel pearl beads.  Haven't decided about the last one yet.

S.W.A.K.

2 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

It is all so pretty, Marsha! I wish I had the knitting talent.

Thimbleanna said...

They're beautiful Marsha! Happy, Happy New Year to you and Frannie!!!