Wednesday, December 12, 2012

FOUR CALLING BIRDS

These little birdies were really fun and easy to make.  Best of all, it was a QUICK project!  We even made a couple for our own tree.  Luckily, I had some double sided Christmas paper already in my stash, and this project just used scraps.  If you don't have a supply of that on hand, just use what you have and glue a piece on each side of a cereal box.  If I had time, I could see myself making them out of some vintage French book paper with some glitter and other embellishments.  This pattern would also work with felt, fabric or even cookies.  Trace around the template on your cookie dough and glue the wings on with royal icing.  I think they would be really pretty out of gingerbread and sprinkled with sanding sugar.  Yummy too.  Pattern here.  Thank you Pinterest.

...And a Partridge In A Pear Tree

Merry, Merry!

2 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Another good one! How's Grandma enjoying her treats from the mail?

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute, once again! I didn't realize they were paper until you mentioned it -- they looked like fabric to me!