Thursday, May 2, 2013

ONE FINE DAY

One fine day last week I squeezed in a trip to a thrift shop and an estate sale.  I scored big!
Six skeins Tahki Cotton Classic (I love this yarn) in one of my favorite colors - $4 (that's for all of them).














Five skeins of Manos del Uruguay - handcrafted kettle dyed pure wool - again $4.











Six cordial glasses - my favorite color - perfect condition - $5.

Vintage knitting bag/purse - $4.  I plan to disassemble this and use the original as a pattern to make a new purse with that lovely wooden frame.
























Vintage pillowcases - I plan to repurpose these as well - not sure what exactly, but something - $2.

S.W.A.K.


P.S. - Frannie had another orchestra concert last night.  She wore the cherries.  I told you they would look cute.

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- you DID get some great goodies! And the cherries in Frannie's hair look fabulous!

Gillie said...

Heavens to Betsy, wish my charity shops had such posh stuff! Love the cherries. Hope all is going well, read your comment on Anna's blog:)