Monday, October 21, 2013

SHE'S AN AMERICAN GIRL with Crocheted Afghans

We have a new addition to our home.
Light skin, layered red hair, brown eyes.

Frannie doesn't actually "play" with dolls any longer.  She enjoys styling their hair.  We both like to craft, knit, crochet and sew for them.  That's how I first learned to sew - by making doll clothes.

Do you see that cute, raspberry beret American Girl #35 is wearing?  I didn't make that.  But I could have.  If I wanted to.  Tongue-in-cheek.


I did crochet these two, doll-sized afghans with coordinating pillows especially for her.  My pattern cue for the white, pink and aqua afghan came from Mille Makes and Dottie Angel.  You can find the tutorial here.  The pink/aqua afghan was inspired by Helen Philipps.  It looks just like the one she made. There is no pattern (I just winged it), but you can view it here.  The pillows are crocheted rounds (front and back are the same) that were stuffed with fiberfill and tufted with buttons (vintage buttons on the white pillow).

S.W.A.K.

6 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

How Cute! I love that you made her some little afghans - a doll has to stay warm, doesn't she???

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Cute! Amelia has 2 AG dolls. One 18" and one Bitty Baby. Does Frannie truly own 35 AG dolls??!

CuteStuffInside said...

I know everyone is confused but I do not own 35 dolls. Every My American Girl doll is numbered. Bitty babies/Twins, Historicals, and Girl Of the Years are not numbered. The doll on this post is number 35 and her name is Katy Elizabeth. I also got another doll in 2010. She's doll number 22 and her name is Rachel Anne.


-Frannie

CuteStuffInside said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CuteStuffInside said...

Oh and also if you are wondering, I am going to be Minnie Mouse for Halloween. We'll probably do a post about it.

-Frannie

Olga Poltava said...

Beautiful doll! And those bright afghans are simply gorgeous!