Tuesday, June 23, 2015

BIB-bidi Bobbidi Boo



One of Frannie's teachers has a little girl, about a year old.  Frannie met her on Family Day at school.  Frannie thought she was adorable and asked if I might make a little something for her.  After seeing Thimbleanna's bib post, I have been wanting to make some too.  With a great deal of inspiration from Amy Sinibaldi of nanacompany, this is my interpretation of what a little girl should be wearing while enjoying a summer ice cream cone.  I don't own Amy's book, Sweetly Stitched Handmades, so I had to wing it by drawing out a pattern and putting it together without instruction.  I have had the fabrics for quite some time (you may have seen them here or there on this blog).  The bindings were left over from some previous quilting projects.  I put two layers of fabric together with a layer of cotton batting in between then quilted with a simple 1" grid pattern.  The two bibs have been completely hand-stitched and everything came out of my stash.  The pink cherries fabric is on the reverse of the cupcake print.  The cherries are crocheted with cotton thread.  You can find the cherries pattern here (originally found on Pinterest from nexttonicx).

P.S. - Have a scoop of chocolate for me!

P.P.S. - CuteStuffInside on Instagram.  Yeah!  Still learning the ropes.

S.W.A.K.

Don't forget to visit Frannie at CuteKatyDolls on YouTube 

 

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh My Gosh Marsha -- those are ADORABLE!!! You're so clever -- I LOVE that you hand-quilted them too! Frannie's teacher is going to be afraid to use them!!! Beautiful!!!!